Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving Week Recap...

Quote for the Day:
"The love of a family is life's greatest blessing."
~author unknown

I know, I know...I'm REALLY late in getting these Thanksgiving pictures and blog posted, but I have a very good excuse.

Yep, that's right...I came down with my "Third Annual Post-Holiday Cold".  :(

I have been sick since Monday morning.  Actually, the word "sick" doesn't quite describe how I've felt this week.  I think "miserable" works better.  But the kicker is that I had to continue to go to work feeling this way.  You see, my employer has a limit on "occurrences" that you can have, ie, "call-offs".  Since I'm part-time, I can only have 2 occurrences in a rolling calendar year.  If you have more than that, you get "disciplined" and it goes in your file.  Well, I've already had my 2 occurrences for the year, so I drugged myself with every possible cold medicine I could find in the house and took my sick body to work.  I guess they would rather have you infect all of the other employees rather than stay home and take your hard-earned sick pay, (which I have plenty of from years of not calling off sick.)    :(

So...onto the Thanksgiving family visit photos...shall we??

Erin & Sera making coke salad while I supervise...


Paul and Erin with the two Boston Terriers...
Ginger (ours) is on the left
Missy (Paul & Trinity's) is on the right... 

 Dale, Erin's fiance...

Sera and Andrew playing with Grandpa...

my ladies...Erin, Sera, Trinity and Ginger!

Sera with Corrine, the daughter of a family friend...

Erin holding Lane, Corrine's baby brother...

Andrew...

Andy, playing poker on Dale's iPad...
new technology can be scary!  LOL

Sera....being Sera!  :)

Sera helping Grandpa fold towels and washcloths...

We had a great time with the kids and grandkids and, as always, are looking forward to the next time we can all be together again!  :)

Loretta

1 comment:

  1. I love that I knew that was Coke Salad before I even read it...

    ReplyDelete