A couple of weeks ago I began piecing this flower quilt. The pattern is named "Cottage Blossoms" and is by Lella Boutique.
While piecing the flower quilt, I made these 12 crumb blocks as my "leader/enders". They are 6.5" square. (Crumbs are the little pieces of leftover fabric that are too small to be cut into usable strips after you are done making a quilt.)
I have a whole bunch more that I made previously, so I'll add these to them. I'm thinking of adding star points and making them into star blocks...these crumb blocks would be the center of the stars.
Here's a close-up of the blocks so you can see the variety of fabrics that went into them. (If you have received a quilt from me, you may see some of the leftover fabrics in these blocks!)
Making those blocks really didn't make a dent in my "crumbs" stash. (These are 2 of my 3 crumbs boxes.)
Andy & I have broached the subject of sectioning off a portion of the basement and turning it into a sewing room for me. Two and a half years ago we moved my sewing room into the "master bedroom" and we took one of the two smaller bedrooms for our bedroom. However, I really have "outgrown" the master bedroom. One of the issues with my current sewing room is that there are 2 windows, a door, and a fireplace that take up room/wall space, thus biting into the "usable" space. If we build a room in the basement there would only be the door into it to take a "bite" out of the usable room, so not only would the room be slightly bigger, it would have more usable space, thus making it more functional.
We have just started discussing it and it would take some work to get it up and running, so don't everybody hold your breath right just yet.