Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas...





Merry Christmas 
from our house to yours.
May your hearts be blessed with the love of family and friends at this time of year when we celebrate 
the birth of Jesus.

When I was growing up, one of my older sisters (Sharon) sang with a community choir and every year they performed "Handel's Messiah".  We would go, as a family, to see the performance.  After I grew up and moved away, I still tried to find a performance of it somewhere.  It's been a few years since I've had the opportunity to see it performed live, but Christmas doesn't seem complete now without, at the very least, a great rendition of the "Hallelujah Chorus"!  Enjoy!!



Loretta

2 comments:

  1. I am just like you! I was introduced to The Messiah in college, and was fortunate enough to perform the Tenor solo for the Christmas portion. I feel as though I have to listen to it every Christmas now as well. I listen to mine on LP on my Grandmother's old stero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boys and young men can really sing, can't they?! This is the first time I've seen them with an orchestra - usually it's just the organist. I think the voices and instruments are so much better for the Hallelujah Chorus. Belated Merry Christmas wishes and Happy New Year to you, Loretta.
    Nancy from joy for grace

    ReplyDelete