Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Winter Staycation Update...

Quote for the Day:
“Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color
 to slide down on the rainbow.”
~Douglas Pagel

I have a list of things I want to get done while off of work this week.  So far I am WAAAYYYY behind!  

One of the things I want to get finished is my "Christmas Mountain Morning" quilt.  I pin-basted it Sunday, and Monday evening I started machine quilting it.  I spent more time on it today and now have it about 2/3's of the way finished.  


Look at this GORGEOUS thread I found to quilt it with!  It's actually embroidery thread and is rayon, but I'm using it anyway.  (The quilting police had better not try to stop at my house!)


It is a thinner thread than what most people use to machine quilt with, but since I'm not a very good machine quilter, I don't like my stitches to show up too much anyway!  :)

I can't wait to get it done and plan to put it on our bed immediately upon finishing the quilting and getting the binding on!  :)

Since it hurts my back to sit too long, I'm taking breaks from the sewing machine every so often and working on trimming up the flying geese for Clue 4 of the "Easy Street" mystery quilt.


Does anyone else find this commercial as funny as I do?



Okay...so much for this break...gonna go get back to quilting now....thanks for stopping by!  

Loretta

 

1 comment: