Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rite Aid and Walgreens Shopping!

Quote for the Day:
Thrift was never more necessary in the world's history than it is today. 
~Francis H. Sisson


Those who know me know that I have a strong vein of "thrift" running through me!  (Actually, I think that puts it mildly!)  But, I come from a long line of thrifty/frugal people, so I think it's truly in my blood.  Luckily, I am married to another thrifty, frugal person, so we get along well together in that respect.  (My husband jokes that he is so tight with money that when he walks he "squeaks"!  LOL) 

Today was my day to go do my coupon shopping and I wanted to share my Rite Aid and Walgreens deals with you.  It's not as phenomenal as some days, but still very good, none-the-less....especially if you look at how much I got for so little.  Sometimes it not all about getting things for FREE, but just getting things you use for as little out-of-pocket cost as you can.  And that's more what my shopping was about today, since neither Rite Aid or Walgreens had much in the way of "free" items.

My first stop was at Walgreens...



After coupons and using previous Register Rewards, I paid $8.48 out-of-pocket.  Not bad, considering that bottle of Bio-Oil, alone, retails for $11.99!  :)  


In addition, I received $6 in Register Rewards to use toward my next purchase!






Next stop was Rite Aid where I picked up these items...


After coupons, Wellness Rewards and Up Rewards, my out-of-pocket was $5.87.


In addition, I received $3.00 back in Up Rewards to use on my next purchase as well as another offer to do an online survey to earn another "$3.00 off of a future $15.00 purchase" coupon.



If you are wondering what someone who doesn't have children at home needs with all that baby wash...I use it to wash my face!  If it's gentle enough to use on baby skin, it certainly can't harm my face!  :)  (There...you now know my "beauty secret"!)  :)  Soooooo much cheaper than those special facial washes!  :)  AND they don't sting if you get them in your eyes!  Wow...it just keeps getting better, doesn't it?  I've been using baby wash as a face wash for several years now.


Did you see those three bottles of liquid dishwasher detergent?  Yes, we have a portable dishwasher.  But I wanted to share what I now have sitting in my entryway...


Yes...my new dishwasher (built-in style) has arrived!  Last weekend we went to Home Depot and paid for the new kitchen cabinets, counter tops, dishwasher and sink for the kitchen remodel!!!!   YAY!!!   We are actually going to do it!  We took the plunge!  


We opted to pick up the cabinets ourselves in a couple weeks in lieu of paying a delivery fee.  However, the dishwasher was not an in-stock item, so it got delivered for FREE and arrived yesterday.   This is the one we decided on.  It has a "tall tub"...so hopefully it will take some of my deeper pots.  :)  It was on sale when we bought it...BONUS!  :)


And...while we were "sleeping" on the decision to buy the cabinets, they went on sale for 10% off!  *happy dance*   Getting cold feet can sometimes pay off!  LOL


I am soooooooooooo ready to have a decent kitchen!  I can't wait!


Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Please leave a comment to let me know you were here!

Loretta

1 comment:

  1. Excellent deals while shopping! You did much better than I did this week. LOL

    I watched the preview video of the dishwasher on The Home Depot site and it looks like a very nice dishwasher. :)

    I can not wait to see the new kitchen. It's gonna be so nice!

    ReplyDelete