Thursday, July 4, 2013

Alex Update...





Update on Baby Alex from Trinity this morning...
The neonatoligist that has been overseeing Baby Alex says that he has bilateral pneumonia. They have him on oxygen & antibiotics. He has an IV through his umbilical cord that is currently feeding him but are planning to start him on breast milk this afternoon as well. He is going to be at the hospital for at least 7 days to ensure he has recovered. He has to stay in NICU during this. At this point we can see him & talk quietly to him but not touch him as he is in a low stimulation environment. I miss my baby. =( It's so hard to be without him, but I know it's for the best so he can get better.
I'm going to make a black/white/blue quilt block to be framed and hung in Alex's nursery, so I'm going to work on that today.  Hopefully, I'll be able to find an adequate frame for it at AC Moore tomorrow without having to pay the high price of custom framing.

I also have a customer's vintage quilt that I need put a new binding on.  I'll be working on that, too, today.
 
Enjoy your holiday and please remember to say a prayer for Alex and his parents! 

Loretta
Edit:  Just heard from Trinity that she was able to go in and hold Alex's hand.  He was fussy so she sang to him and he calmed right down and went to sleep.  :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment