Thursday, June 6, 2013

What's On My Design Wall???

Quote for the Day:
"When life gives you scraps make a quilt!"
~author unknown

Because I was on vacation for 9 days and then had to work when I got home, I've been 2 weeks without doing any quilting!  I thought I'd pull out some quilt blocks that I had worked on a year or so ago, but hadn't sewn together into the top, yet.  I had all the blocks for the quilt completed when I put them away, so all I have to do is to sew them and make them into a top.  The sooner I can get the top sewn together and borders on, the sooner I can get it into the frame.  Right???  And a quilt in the frame makes me VERY VERY HAPPY!   :)

Last evening, I pulled out all of the blocks and arranged them on my design wall.  



There are still two more rows to go across the top, but I didn't have room for them on my design wall until I get some of the other rows sewn together.

This quilt pattern is called "Blue Ridge Beauty" by Bonnie Hunter and is from her "Adventures with Leaders & Enders" book.  The pattern calls for 2" strips, but I didn't have any scraps cut into 2" strips, so I used 2.5" strips, instead.  I have PLENTY of those!   This made my unfinished blocks 8.5" instead of 6.5" like hers.  Then I just didn't need to make as many as her pattern called for...I only needed 120 bocks.  The center of the quilt will be 10 blocks by 12 blocks.

It's hard to get a good picture of it on the design wall because it's so big and because of my sewing table and quilting frame, I can't get back far enough to get a good picture.  :(   Oh well, at least you get the general idea.

I started sewing the rows together last night and got about 4 rows joined before my neck started going into spasms again and I had to call it a night.  Hopefully, I can get them all sewn together over the next couple of days, add the two borders, and then get it into the frame for hand quilting.




Loretta


 

1 comment: