Saturday, July 23, 2011

Signs of Summer...

Quote for the Day:
A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, 
the breeze is blowing, 
the birds are singing, 
and the lawn mower is broken.  
~James Dent




It's summer.  You know how I know?  Well...I'll show you the "official" tale-tell signs that it is SUMMER.   











Yep...ceiling fans in every room of the house and box fans in most rooms.  Yes, we do have air conditioning, but you would have to be a millionaire to keep this house cool using only A/C.  Besides, I think that feeling air "movement"  keeps you feeling so much cooler than just air conditioning alone.


And one more sign that it summer is upon us...




For some reason, God thought that it would be great fun if He made the blackberries ripen during the hottest 2 weeks of the year!  LOL


I've always made the "cooked" jam and water-bath canned it in years past.  But this year I thought I'd save myself a lot of time and stove-generated heat and make freezer jam instead!  


OMGoodness...it is DELICIOUS!!!  Even though I reduced the sugar slightly, it seems to be setting up well!  You let it "set" for 24 hours at room temperature before putting it in the freezer for "keeping".


And what do you do with that little "extra" that is left over...not enough to fill a jar???


MMMMMMMMM!!!!  Fabulous over ice cream!  :)


Update on Chucky...



He has a girlfriend!!!  :)

Yep...I came home from work one night to find him the clutches of Miss Mop Head Doll herself!  LOL


Stay cool in this heatwave...
Loretta

No comments:

Post a Comment