Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm Drinking Again...

Quote for the Day:
"Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint on it you can."
-Danny Kaye


Okay...I admit it...I have a drinking problem.  :(  In fact, today I was drinking and driving...


Yes...that's another McD's frozen strawberry lemonade...but I know I can quit anytime I want to.   ;)


When we lived in California, on Sunday mornings I would grab a cup of coffee and a granola bar and eat them while I drove to church with the kids.  One Sunday when Erin was about six she said, "Mom, don't you know you aren't supposed to 'eat and drink and drive'?"  I guess she had seen her share of "don't drink and drive" ads on TV and didn't realize they were talking about alcohol!  LOL


Ya know how I've said that Lady always has to be where I am?  Well...I thought I'd take some pictures to prove that point.  

When I am in the bathroom, I look out the door and see this...




I swear...it's like having young kids again.  I can't even go to the bathroom in peace!  LOL   Sometimes when I am in the bathroom, she will be laying on the carpet facing away from the bathroom door...usually facing towards the staircase leading downstairs...like she's guarding me.  :)


And here she is laying on the floor near my desk while I was on the computer...





When I'm in my quilting room, she'll lay on either of the two rugs in there and every so often she gets up and comes over for me to pet her...then she goes and lays back down again.

Now that the kids are grown she really has become my shadow!  :)



I went couponing today and Rite Aid and Walgreens.  I got the following at Rite Aid...



I got $48.39 worth of product, paid $24.20 out-of-pocket, got $3 back in +Up Rewards, $15.69 back in Rebates, and a coupon for $3 off of a $15 purchase...making my actual cost $2.51 for everything.

I did a little better at Walgreen's...


I got $50.97 worth of product, paid $14.92 out-of-pocket and got $19.00 back in Register Rewards...making the trip a $4.08 money-maker for me.  :)

We worked on cutting a couple pieces of paneling for the kitchen today, but the last one didn't fit right and will have to be recut.  :(   So we both got disappointed and quit for the day.  Besides, it was 100 degrees out this afternoon and we have to do the cutting outside, so we were both quite worn out from the heat.   

We've been at a standstill on the kitchen lately while we try to figure out exactly what we can do with the space between the chimney and the cabinets.  We keep tossing around suggestions, but haven't come to a complete meeting of the minds, yet.  

Loretta

No comments:

Post a Comment