Friday, June 10, 2011

Some Decluttering...

Quote for the Day:
"Even if you're on the right track, 
you'll get run over if you just sit there."
- Will Rogers


Andy informed me yesterday that I hadn't updated my blog since the 7th, so I thought I'd get my butt in gear.  (Andy reads my blog to keep up on what is going on in our lives...LOL.)   :P

So...here I am to update Andy and all my readers with what is going on here at our house...

First off...this picture was taken the night before we left for Georgia, and shows the progress we've made on the kitchen so far...


Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, but it was taken with my phone because my camera was already packed for the trip.  The pantry and wall cabinets have been attached to the wall, but the base cabinets and countertop were just set in there to get the "feel" of how they are going to fit together.

Have you tried one of these, yet???

McDonald's frozen strawberry lemonade...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!  I tried one when we were traveling back from Georgia and they are GOOOOOOOD!!!  So today after my chiropractor's visit, I swung threw the drive thru and got me one since it has been record-breaking HOT this week....but really, any excuse will do!  LOL

Today I did some decluttering in the bathroom....

Since we have a pedestal sink, we keep toiletries in the bottom of the antique china cabinet that we use as a linen closet in the bathroom.  (We keep towels and wash clothes in the upper part where the glass doors are.  The bottom part has solid wood doors.)   This is what it looked like inside the bottom doors...




You know what I'm talking about....everybody has a place where they keep their toiletries.  Like I said, most people keep their bathroom "stuff" under the sink.

I went through and discarded a lot of opened items that were never going to get used and other odds and ends that had gotten shoved in there...


...then I rounded up some more baskets to use to help organize things...and now it looks like this...


I wish the bottom shelf was "taller" than it is...many bottles, like shampoo, etc., won't fit standing up, so I had to put taller items on the top shelf and shorter ones on the bottom...limiting the way I could organize things.  

When Andy saw it he immediately said "oh no...how will I find anything with it so 'neat' "?  LOL

That's all for now, Folks.  Have a great day and a great weekend!  I'm hoping we can get some more work done on the kitchen and manage to stay cool in this heat this weekend!

Loretta
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the Frozen Strawberry Lemonade from McD's!! I have 6 coupons for free ones that came in the newspaper...but they expire on the 16th I think so I've gotta use them quick!!

    Love You!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathroom cabinet looks great!!! I see you found a use for the basket you got at our GW here. :)

    I also got 2 free coupons for the Frozen Strawberry Lemonade and have gone once a week to McDs to use it and every single time they tell me their machine is down. Don't think I will get to use my coupon before it expires. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've taken the garbage and recyclables out twice today which makes me feel good. Lots a unnecessarily saved boxes are now out of here!

    I got the package you sent me! Thank you so much! You're my favorite WV Aunt!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete