Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some Couponing and an Injury...

Quote for the Day:
" We do not remember days, we remember moments."
-Cesare Pavese


This may not be the kind of "moment" that Mr. Pavese was talking about...but yesterday I remember feeling my foot slide around in my sandal.  Then, as I lost my balance, I remember thinking, "oh no, I'm gonna break my wrist" as I put my right arm out to catch my body that was headed towards the ground at a very rapid rate. 

Thank God I didn't break my wrist...or my elbow...or anything else.  When I fell, I landed on my right leg and forearm when I hit the curb.  :(   Yes...it was very painful...thank you for asking! 


As for my hand and elbow...there are only have a few minor scrapes to show for that.

Luckily, Andy was there to help me up.  And for the rest of the day I walked holding onto his arm...my leg was just sore enough that I was afraid I might lose my balance again. 

My leg is still sore where I landed on it, but not enough to stop me from doing my regular activities today.


Today I went and did my Walgreen's and Rite Aid coupon shopping and got some great deals!

From Walgreen's:


I got $58.87 worth of products, paid $16.25 out-of-pocket, will get back $14.98 in mail-in-rebates, and got $10.00 back in Register Rewards...making this shopping trip an $8.73 moneymaker!  YAY!!   

BTW, when you are in the stores, don't forget to look at the clearance sections...I've been needing a new lipstick since mine are all down to the nubs now...and I found a nice one in the clearance section for 49 cents!  :)  Gotta love that!

From Rite Aid:


I got $21.76 worth of products, paid $1.54 out-of-pocket, will get $4.99 back in rebate, and received $8.38 back in +Up Rewards...making this shopping trip an $11.83 moneymaker!   WOOHOO!!

Andy is well-versed in seeking out deals and coupon shopping, too...so while I was making my run to Walgreen's and Rite Aid, he went to Kroger and bought $119.67 worth of products but only paid $39.37 out-of-pocket!   WOUZERS!!

YAY for us!  That's a LOT of money saved between all of those stores!  

Loretta



 

3 comments:

  1. Ok, thats it.... tomorrow I start searching for coupons. I just have to get in some of these deals. I did, however, manage to purchase 4 Era laundry soap, (90-loads) for $7.97, regularly $14+, at Menards with a $10 rebate, making each of them $$5.47. And, best yet... I'll use it! I'm starting to see the thrill of the hunt! Thanks for helping me "see the light" Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear about your fall. That looks super painful. :( I hope it heals up soon! *big hugs*

    You got some excellent deals this week!!! I'm goin' out tonight, and hope to get some too! Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Try to stay upright next time, okay? I went to Walgreens at lunch today, and it looked like (after the Register Rewards) I paid half. BUT looking closer I see that the eye makeup that was supposed to be on clearance didn't ring up as clearance. I'll return that and then my savings will be better than 50%!
    And I'll have snacks to take with for the fireworks!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete