Monday, June 20, 2011

Great Coupon Shopping Day!

Quote for the Day:
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro.  I came, I saw, I stuck around."
  ~Author Unknown


After taking Andy out to lunch for Father's Day, I slipped over to Walgreens and Rite Aid to do my coupon shopping.  

Walgreens didn't have any really "good" deals but Rite Aid was FANTASTIC!  Couponing goes like that.  Last week it was the exact opposite...Walgreens had all the great deals and Rite Aid had nothing.  Last week, Rite Aid was so bad that I didn't even bother going.  However, I went to Walgreens today because I had 2  - $2.00 Register Rewards that were expiring on Monday, so I got the best deals that I could to use them up so I wouldn't lose them.  (Walgreen's Register Rewards expire after 2 weeks whereas Rite Aid's +Up Rewards are good for 3 weeks.)

Anywho...this is what I got at Walgreens...

 
I used 1 coupon and 2 Register Rewards and paid $1.40 out of pocket for $14.69 worth of product.   I did not earn any new Register Rewards on this purchase.  :(  But that's okay...still have a bunch from last week's shopping that I'll save for next week and by then WG should have a bunch of nice deals again.  :)

I had a great haul at Rite Aid!...


I paid $3.15 out of pocket for $39.23 worth of product and got $19.96 in +Up Rewards and will get $2.00 back in rebate...making this trip a $18.81 moneymaker for me as well as getting me products that I will definitely use!  :)      (I had just used the last of my Zantac this weekend and was definitely in need of that!)  :)

So...today I got $53.92 worth of products for $4.55 out of pocket...plus earned $21.96 back!  :):):):)
  
I  ♥  saving money with couponing!  :)
 

It's been very humid here lately, so it feels warmer than it really is.  Guess what is next door to RiteAid???  Well...let's just say that it easy to feed my new addiction there...


Yep...I admit that I'm getting addicted to the McDonald's frozen strawberry lemonade! 
MMMMMMMMM!!!  Really tastes nice on a hot, humid day!  :)  

While I was gone to WG & RA, Andy finished installing the bottom two cabinets that sit in the little alcove that we've been working on in the kitchen.  When he went to attach the countertop he found that it was very warped and wouldn't sit flat on the cabinets.  It kinda "teeter tottered" back and forth.  :(:(:(    Not good!   He then checked the other two mitered pieces of countertop for the other side of the kitchen and found that they, too, were warped.  

We called Home Depot and I talked to someone who said to bring them back in and if they didn't have them in stock, they'd order what we needed on Monday.  Andy loaded all three pieces of countertop into the back of the car and off we went to HD.  Fortunately, they had what we needed and we checked them all right then and there to make sure they weren't warped.  (We did find one warped one in stock when we were checking them.)   Home Depot was great about exchanging them...we didn't even have to fill out any paperwork or go through any type of refund, etc.  They simply gave us 3 pieces for the 3 pieces we gave back to them.  I hope they don't put them back into stock for some other poor soul to find.  :(


Hopefully...soon...like within the next couple of days, we will get the countertop applied to the cabinets so we can actually start using them and get some dishes back into the kitchen and off the dining room table.  It will definitely make life easier to have things back in the kitchen...and to not have the microwave, coffee pot AND toaster ALL sitting on TOP of the portable dishwasher!!!  :)   As soon as we get the counter top on I'll post a picture of that area!  :)


Loretta
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got some awesome deals! I had some high dollar RR expiring so I had to use them and ended up makin' money from them. Love when that's possible. :)

    ReplyDelete