Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Minty Fresh!!!

Quote for the Day:
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...
 It has no survival value; 
rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."

~C. S. Lewis 

Yesterday I put a message on Facebook asking where, this time of year, I could get a mint plant to grow indoors.  A couple of people responded that I could get some cut mint in the produce section and root that.  But one friend said he had a lot of mint and all I had to do was come over and get what I wanted!  :)  

I immediately went over and he had already dug up a root ball for me!  Now that's a friend!  :)  Thanks, Jeff J.!!!

I came home and planted a small part of the root ball in a container for the kitchen...


...beside the aloe plant in the window over the sink...


...and the rest I planted outside between the Autumn sedum and chrysanthemums.


Jeff also blessed me with an 18 count of fresh eggs from his free-range chickens!  :D   It's nice to have friends like that.  I gifted him with a jar of blackberry jam made from the blackberries from my back yard!

I've been quilting on my customer's sailboat quilt and am now ready to roll the quilt to the next section in the frame.  I put a line on the picture so you can see how much is done.  Everything to the right of the line is complete!


And here's a close-up of the stitching...the good, the bad, and the, well, you know...


The problem is that the green checked material is very tightly woven and difficult to needle through so some of stitches in that section are not so tiny and even.

"If it can't been seen at 30 paces while riding a galloping horse, it doesn't matter."  Right???

Loretta




3 comments:

  1. You're welcome. Though don't blame me if the mint decides to conquer everything in sight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMM mint, jam, and fresh eggs! These are a few of my favorite things! So glad you are making some progress with your new chiropractor too! Your hand quilting is ALWAYS impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand quilting is lovely. Nothing beats hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete