Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Catching My Breath...

Quote for the Day:

“I sustain myself with the love of family.” 
― Maya Angelou


Last week my sister Sharon, niece Susana, and grand-niece Monica came for a visit from Indiana!  They came for a visit last year in October and they must have liked it enough to come for another one this year!  :)

We had fun visiting, talking, eating, shopping, reading, watching movies, and just hanging out together.  We even had a bonfire on the new property and burned some brush on Saturday night!  We roasted marshmallows on the bonfire and got to find out just what a "firebug" Monica is!  She really enjoyed helping Uncle Andy burn the brush!  

Sorry I don't have any pictures of their visit to share...I was too busy just enjoying being with them!

It was a joy to have them here and sadness to see them go.  They left on Sunday and since then I've been trying to get back into the swing of life...cleaning, appointments, quilting, etc....you know..."life".


I thought I'd do a review of a book I finished lately...."Kidowed" by Jessica Kenley.   In fact, it is still a free ebook from Amazon at the time of this posting if you follow that link.


"In this book you'll find the the struggles, sorrows, and triumphs of the author after she has two children with a rare and universally fatal genetic disease. As she travels through her hellish journey, you will experience unexpected humor, endless love, and learn how strong one family can be while they walk beside her."
The book is basically a diary that she started writing to help her deal with the illness and loss of her two children.  Though some parts are difficult to read at times, I found this book riveting and hard to put down.  It is a definite recommend!

Loretta


2 comments:

  1. Family time is the best time....besides quiet time! LOL Glad you enjoyed the visit! That looks like a deep book?

    ReplyDelete