Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I'm BAAAAACKKKK!!!

Quote for the Day:
"Sometimes, only one person is missing, 
and the whole world seems depopulated."
~Alphonse de Lamartine 

Sorry that I've been missing action for the last month.  A lot has been going on and I just haven't had time to stop and do a blog post.  I hope you will forgive me.  

The thing I want to share with you today is about our trip to Nashville, TN, for our granddaughter's 7th birthday!   Also there were Paul, Trinity, Andrew, and Alex, from Georgia, as well as my sister and brother-in-law, Bev and Denny, from Illinois.  

It was an exhausting trip, but I'm so happy that we were able to make it and see everybody!   We even got to meet Dale's mom for the first time!  (Dale is my future son-in-law!)  

Okay...now for pictures...

On our drive to Nashville, we saw this gorgeous sight...a bunch of hot air balloons taking flight!!!


Sera's birthday party was a beach theme and included a pool and a slippy-slide! 















The adults sought shade as much as possible!  :)


It was so good to be able to see our newest grandson, Alex, again!  Here he's smiling at me while I hold him and talk to him!   Hey...it's a Grandma's job and I take it very seriously!!!  :D





Ginger, Daisy and Chewie playing nicely together ...


Andy, me, Erin, and Dale...


The day before Bev and Denny left to go back home, the four of us took a walking tour of part of the old downtown Nashville...


Bev and Denny toured the Country Music Hall of Fame, but physically, I wasn't up to that.  Instead, the four of us toured the much cozier "Johnny Cash Museum"...


 That's quite the wall of accomplishments...gold and platinum records...




This past Saturday and Sunday, Andy and I had a yard sale so he could liquidate some of his vintage glassware and antiques collection.  It was a huge success but he still has way too much, so we'll be doing it again in the Spring.

(picture courtesy of my friend, Theresa!  Yes, that is my backside.  LOL   Didn't realize she was taking this picture!)

I've finished the Blue Ridge Beauty quilt and have taken it off the frame.  It just needs the binding hand-sewn down to the back done and then I will take pictures and post them. 

I'm in the process of starting a new kind of chiropractic therapy/treatments and that it taking a lot out of me as well as taking up a lot of my time.  I'll try to get back to some semblance of regular posting, but if I'm absent for a few days, please be patient..."I'll be back"...

Loretta


3 comments:

  1. Yeay, a post from Loretta! Oh my gersh, that pic of my parents had my rolfing! What is Dad doing? His pose just cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad's a dork! Anyway, I'm so glad you're back! I missed you so much, every day when I would check the blog and you hadn't posted. I hope you get to feeling better and can blog often! Love you!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! I love Nashville and visit with friends there as often as I can! Can't wait to see your blue ridge beauty! And, I WISH I lived closer so I could come to your yard sales because I KNOW you have awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete