Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Something a Little Different...

Quote for the Day:

"Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby."

~Dave Barry


I have a couple other "hobbies" that I dabble in...but am not as devoted to as my quilting.  One of these is crocheting.   It's a skill I learned when I was 13 years old and I pick up yarn and a crochet hook about every 4 years or so to make something.  

 

I think the last things I made were 2 winter neck scarves about 4 years ago, and 5 years ago I crocheted an edging around the receiving blankets I made for the birth of our grandson, Andrew.

 

This year, a friend of mine that teaches knitting and crocheting at AC Moore in Clarksburg, posted a picture of an "owl hat" that she was going to be teaching.  I fell in LURVE with it right away and decided to make 2...one for each of my grandchildren.  

 

I started out with great trepidation, but crocheting is like riding a bike...you never really forget how to do it.  Once you get the hook and yarn back in your hands and you've done a couple of stitches, it all starts to fall back into place.  

 

So...without further ado...I present for your approval...2 owl hats FINISHED!!!

 

For Andrew...

 


For Sera...


They are coming for Thanksgiving next week, so I'm going to give them to the kids then.  It will be cold here compared to where they live, so hopefully, the kids will LIKE them and WEAR them to keep their little heads warm!  :) 

Though quilting is still my first love, crochet is a close second and I had a LOT of fun making these!

(I do NOT know why blogger has hiccupped and and done weird spacing and font issues with this post and I can't figure out how to fix them.  I hate it when blogger does crap like that!)  :(

Loretta 



 

 

  

3 comments:

  1. I think they're so cute! Awesome that the one for Sera is a bit more pastel/muted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LERVE THEM TOO!! Sera is gonna be so excited! And, well, you know how Andrew is about hats! lol

    Can't wait to see you guys next week!
    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! I can crochet blankets but I was never taught how to do apparel. My daughter saw the pink one and said "I want that!" lol

    ReplyDelete