Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Enough is Enough Already...

Quote for the Day:
"I wonder why you can always read a doctor's bill 
and you can never read his prescription." 
~ Finley Peter Dunne

being-sick-isnt-fun

Last week I posted that I had been sick for a day with severe nausea.  Since then I've had two more episodes...on Sunday, it hit for about 1.5 hours and then passed...and then yesterday, I had my THIRD episode of nausea in the last seven days.   

It started about 3 PM and I just kept getting sicker and sicker with no relief.  

After a couple episodes of throwing up, I finally decided that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and had Andy drive me to the hospital emergency room where they started an IV and gave me much needed fluids and some nausea medicine.  They also did a bunch of lab tests, x-rays, and an EKG...all of which came out fine...except for a low potassium, which goes along with the loss of fluids from the throwing up part.

After the fluids and the Zofran (for nausea), and Nexium, I felt much better so they released me with instructions to follow up with my medical doctor.    Ok, fine...

...until the car ride home...which started some nausea again, though not as bad as earlier.

I went to bed as soon as I got home.  This morning, I feel tired, but otherwise fine.   

Today starts my 6 day work stretch, so hopefully, the nausea will stay away for good.  

I still have no idea why the 3 episodes of nausea/vomiting occurred over the last week.  There are no common denominators in the scenario...trust me...I have wracked my brain over and over.  I'm just hoping that it's DONE.  I would rather suffer with pain than with nausea.  :( 

Thanks for listening...

Loretta 

4 comments:

  1. No fun at all. Hope you keep feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you are feeling better today. It is rough to try to work while you are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I hope you're not pregnant!
    Feel better - hope you have a good 6 days of work,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uggg that sounds awful! I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad. =\ Hopefully it's over now!

    Love,
    Trinity

    ReplyDelete