Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Quilt Project Started...

Quote for the Day:
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. 
Art is knowing which ones to keep."
---Scott Adams


Today was the day that Pat came over and we started making the quilt blocks that are being taught in the Craftsy block of the month (BOM) that I mentioned in the last post.   I had put together a lasagne in the crock pot before she arrived and she brought over some crab dip & crackers.   Crock pots dinners are great to sit down to after an afternoon/day of sewing.  


Each month of this year, Craftsy.com will post directions to 2 new quilt blocks, so today we made January's blocks.  Pat is using this opportunity to learn how to piece quilt tops.  (I had taught her previously how to hand quilt so that she could finish a quilt that her "Mamaw" started but never finished before she died.)


Block 1:  The Asterisk Block...



The one on the left is mine and the one on the right is Pat's.

Block 2:  The Wonky Pound Sign...
 

Again...the one on the left is mine and the the darker blue on the right is Pat's.

Here's a picture of my two blocks side by side...




After we made these blocks and then ate supper, we went back into the sewing room and I helped her put together a few bowtie blocks that she had cut out but hadn't sewn together, yet.   Unfortunately, I forgot to take some pictures of those.  :(  


I had fun and hopefully, Pat did, too!  Each month we are going to get together and do the new blocks for that month.  By the end of the year we will have enough blocks to make a lap-sized quilt.  :)


Loretta

2 comments:

  1. They look great! Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Loretta,
    I have a comment to post, but it's unrelated to your current post.....
    WE got a bargain (one of your favorite "B words")on a dress that Mo (my daughter) needs for an event @ school this coming Saturday. She needed a somewhat formal dress, so we started @ consignment shop. Nothing wow-ed us, so I suggested Goodwill nearby. Mo made a face like a disgusted snarl, but we went. We found a beautiful dress that we thought would fit her, but it didn't have a barb. WE asked cashier, and he sold it to us for 99 cents....!!!! I left the store with a smile on my face and spring in my step! It's in terrific condition; I'll have to send you a pic of her in it...she looks absolutely gorgeous ;-)
    ~Susana in Indy

    ReplyDelete