Wednesday, March 5, 2014

More Lozenges...

Quote for the Day:
"When perfectionism is driving, shame is always riding shotgun. 
And fear is the annoying backseat driver." 
~Brene Brown


Today was "injection day".  I got my knee (arthritis) and hip (bursitis) injected today and the relief was VERY WELCOMED!!!  My knee has been hurting so bad the last 2 weeks that I was limping again and even my chiropractic adjustment yesterday only gave very temporary relief.  

It's amazing to think that I hobbled into the orthopedist's office and strutted out of it!!!   That's how immediately the pain is relieved.  In fact, by the time I step down from the exam table, the pain is GONE!!!  Between the adjustment and the injection, I'm no longer limping!!!

Since finishing the Sailboat quilt, I don't have a quilt loaded into the hand quilting frame yet because I don't have a batting for the next one, yet.  I needed something else to do this evening to unwind, so I decided to pull out the "Lozenges" pieces and do some sewing.

And here is proof that I couldn't sew a straight line even if it was drawn on for me...LOL...



As much as I would like things to turn out perfectly every time, it doesn't always.  Unless it is HORRIBLY WRONG, I don't worry about it too much for two reasons:  1) fabric is forgiving and has a little stretch which helps make up for minor boo-boos; and 2)  quilting is my HOBBY!  It is supposed to be FUN!   I do it to RELAX!  In my job, if I make a mistake it can be life-threatening and devastating.  With quilting, no one is going to die if I'm not perfect.  So I don't sweat the small stuff.  I can guarantee that when this quilt is sewn together, you will never see where that line is not sewn straight!  And if you can, than you are entirely too close for my comfort!!!  LOL

This of my stack of "lozenges" that I was able to crank out tonight while watching Duck Dynasty...



They need to be pressed and sliver-trimmed, but since my sewing room has been turned into a guest bedroom for the a few days, they will need to wait till my ironing board is set back up...which will be after the company has gone.  In the meantime, the pile grows!!

With company arriving this weekend, plans for the next two weeks, and then surgery when we get back, please excuse me if I don't do any posts for a while.  I'll be back, I promise...and better than ever!!!  :)



Loretta

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with your comments about quilting! It is supposed to be FUN! People that get too hung up on perfectly matched seams probably don't have much of a life! LOL I am glad you are feeling better since your treatment. I have one tomorrow. My hip has really been bothering me lately. I hope you all have fun on your trip! Be safe and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you were able to get relief from your pain, Loretta. I thought perhaps I was the only one who thinks like you do as far as accepting a few imperfections when sewing. Like you, I can't sew a straight line, either. (I'm doing a good job at recovering from perfectionism, huh?)

    Take care. I hope you enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete