Friday, June 15, 2012

A Blessing Received!!!

Quote for the Day:
“ One man gives freely, yet gains even more; 
another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. ”
 – Prov. 11:24 


I put out a call out on both my blog, and on an online quilting forum that I frequent, to see if someone had a piece of fabric that I needed to repair the quilt that I gave my son and daughter-in-law when they got married in 2005.





A very kind and generous quilter from Oklahoma responded that she did, indeed, have the fabric I was looking for!  I offered to reimburse her for the cost of the fabric and mailing, but didn't hear back except to tell me she had mailed my fabric that morning!

Today that fabric arrived in the mail...




...with a very nice note that read:

Loretta,
Here you go.  Hope it's a match.  I've had this in my stash for years.  So don't worry about the cost.
Glad I could help.
Blessings,
Cathy C-------
What a blessing this is!  First, that I could find someone who had the EXACT fabric and was willing to share.  And secondly, that she was gifting this to me!

I have found that quilters are probably the nicest people you would ever want to meet!  That's why I enjoy their company so much!  :)

Quilters are always circling the wagons and joining forces to provide quilts to victims of disasters, illness, etc.  All without any regards for reciprocity or recognition.

So here's a shout out to all the quilters out there who have shared their knowledge, resources and time to help others!  And a special shout out to Cathy who came through for me and blessed me with this fabric!!

Loretta  

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Thank you Cathy C.!!! Can't wait to have our wedding quilt back! We miss it =\

    ReplyDelete