Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Sewing...

Quote for the Day:
"A day spent with friends is always a day well-spent."
~author unknown

In January I blogged that a friend, Pat, and myself were going to do a "block-of-the-month" quilt where you make two blocks each month.  You can read my blog entry about it here.  

For a variety of reasons, we were unable to get together in February to do the February blocks.  But today, Pat came over and we made the two blocks for February and one of the two blocks for March.  When she comes over in April for our sewing date, we'll do the second of the March blocks and then move onto the April blocks.  Since the new blocks for each month aren't revealed until the first of the month, we don't know what the April blocks will be, yet.

Here's a picture of the two February blocks and the first March block that I made today:

I can't seem to get the green to come out right in the picture...it's actually a very pretty medium sage green with pink flowers...very pretty in person!  :)


You can see the green better in this picture...
 
These blocks will be added to these blocks that I made in January:

These are Pat's blocks from today:


When I posted after getting my sacro-iliac joint injection I was so excited because I was virtually pain-free.  However, later on that same evening some of my pain started coming back.  It's not quite as bad as it was before I had the injection, but I've heard such good things from people who have had injections into joints for pain, that I was kinda expecting 100% pain relief...which I had for about the first 4-5 hours after the injection.  I have a follow-up appointment on March 23, so we'll see how I'm doing by then and I'll be discussing it further with the doctor at that time.  Maybe my expectations are too high???  Or maybe it needs to be repeated?  I know that when I used to help give similar pain injections where I worked in California, the person was automatically scheduled for three injections and they didn't usually get much relief till after the second one.  


I'm hoping for more/better relief from my back pain in the future.  Is that too much to ask?

Loretta
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment