Monday, December 13, 2010

Family...

Quote for the day:
"Some family trees bear an enormous crop of nuts."
~Author Unknown 

We had the pleasure of visiting with relatives this past weekend.  :) 
 
My brother's family live in Ohio, about 6 hours away from us, so we drove there for a visit this past weekend.   His daughter that lives in Uruguay was also there visiting for the Christmas holidays, along with her husband and 2 children.  And upon hearing we were coming, my sister, her daughter, granddaughter and grandson also made the trip up from Indianapolis, IN.  
 
It was a houseful and a whole lot of craziness and laughs!  We had a great time and didn't want to leave, but a winter storm was predicted and we felt we needed to high-tail it out of there before we ended up getting snowed in...although my dear sister-in-law said we could stay until the freezer ran out of food!  LOL   I think she meant it, too!  :)
 
The quilt in this post was made for my niece Rebekah and her husband Gabriel, the couple that live in Uruguay, so I took this opportunity to gift it to them.  They were VERY surprised and I think they loved it!  :)
 

 
Look at the way Gabriel is "fondling" the quilt in the second picture!  He was so excited to receive this quilt that when he read the quilt label and found BOTH their names on it, he pointed it out that he got to use it, too...not just Rebekah!  LOL  They both are so sweet and it was a pleasure to make it for them!  :)

Here I am with Rebekah (in the middle) and my niece, Susana (on the left) holding the quilt for picture taking...


 
 The rest of the pictures are just miscellaneous pictures that were taken during the visit...
 
              My brother, Jack and one of his grandsons, Zacharias...                                                          

His wife, Celeste, and me


My sister, Sharon, and her granddaughter, Monica
 

                                           
                                          Celeste and Rebekah...mother and daughter...
 


                             Andy stretching himself trying to reach up to Gabriel's height!!!  LOL



                                             My niece, Leah (Jack & Celeste's daughter)



Gabriel & Andy in a hot game of chess!!!  LOL  Note the concentration going on!!!  
 

Rebekah & Susana...cousins!!

 
I realized that I don't have a picture of Jack's daughter, Sarah.  She was there some of the time, but had to go to work on Saturday, which is when most of the pictures were taken.  

We had a fun time!  Too bad we couldn't have stayed longer...but you know the saying..."House guests and fish both start to stink after 3 days!"  LOL  

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Hope you enjoyed the pictures of my crazy family!  :) 

Loretta

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I wish I could have been there...
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete