Sunday, August 27, 2017

Quilt Gifted...



My son-in-law's mother, Lucy, lives with him and my daughter's family.  Lucy asked me one time how much it would be for me to quilt a quilt for her.  When I told her how much I charge, I knew there was no way she would ever be able to afford it.

So when Dale asked me to make a quilt for his sister, I decided that I would also deliver one for his mother at the same time.

When we went to Tennessee for Ellie's birth, I delivered the quilts...one for his sister and one for his mom.

Unfortunately, the only picture I have of the whole quilt is this one that was taken at the guild meeting in June when I took it for "show and tell".


Lucy was shocked when I gave it to her!  I told her that now everyone in the house has their own quilt!  Unbeknownst to me at the time that I was quilting this for her, her room in their new house is painted blue and white!  :)  Lucky coincidence!  

Here's a close-up of the quilting...all done freehand on my Tin Lizzie18" sit-down long-arm machine...




Loretta

2 comments: