Monday, March 27, 2017

It's a "Flimsy"...



I've been working on the "Tuxedo Quilt" since January and it is finally a top...or "flimsy", as quilters call it!  Tomorrow I am going to go buy a stencil for the border, and then after marking it, I'll be loading it into my frame so I can start with the hand-quilting.  I went ahead and loaded the backing into the frame today.



The "black" fabric looks solid from a distance, but this is what it looks like up close...


The white is a tone-on-tone with a swirl design in it, too.

This is the backing fabric I chose...fancy but whimsical...


I'm planning on entering this quilt in next year's quilt show in April!  :)   It measures 97" x 107" and is a variation of the "Hunter's Star" pattern.  It was designed with EQ7 and cut out completely on my Accuquilt using the Hunter's Star die.


Loretta

4 comments:

  1. Looks pretty so far.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a striking quilt, Loretta. It's just beautiful. I have trouble sewing using the same two or three fabrics but I love the finished look of a two-fabric quilt. Who made and where did you buy the brown fabric on the front. I really like the variety of shades in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Black "Ombre Scrolls" by Quilting Treasures.
      http://www.quiltingtreasures.com/fabrics/search-results.asp?collectionID=45&t=q

      Delete