Thursday, April 9, 2015

Feeling Blessed....

Quote for the Day:
"Without health, life is not life; 
it is only a state of languor and suffering - an image of death."
~Buddha


Over the past week, I've been cleaning out the flower beds, preparing them for Spring...raking, weeding, trimming rose bushes, collecting/cleaning containers for my container garden, etc.  During this bustle of warm-weather work, I found myself amazed at the difference in my life now compared to where I've been and what I've been through.

Two short years ago I was not even able to walk out into our back yard because the unevenness of the ground would cause my back pain to flare up after just 5 minutes....and that didn't even include actually DOING any work!   At that point in my life, I truly just thought my health was going to continue the downhill slide.  I hoped to find something that would relieve my pain, but never even thought that now...2 years later...I would be in the best health that I've been in in YEARS!

With my dietary changes, continuing chiropractic care, and ongoing use of essential oils, I am now completely off of THREE medications that I had been on for years.  In two weeks, I will be getting some blood work done that will tell us if I can reduce/eliminate two more medications.   I go weeks, sometimes months, without needing any pain medicine.

I can now picture myself living many more decades...something I couldn't picture myself doing just a few short months ago.  (Part of this perception comes from losing my father when he was only 59 and mother at the age of 68.)

In the meantime, I'm able to enjoy many physical activities that I had thought were a thing of the past.   I have a list of things that I plan to get done around the house...things that have been put off for years because of my health.  And we won't even mention the list of quilts that I want to make in this lifetime!  

I'm loving every minute of my new life and I'm looking forward to what the future holds for me!

Loretta

6 comments:

  1. Great news to see you continuing on your path towards wellness! Now make anything with 4-patches to join the Go Four It challenge by APQ! just for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s good to know that you’re in a better place now, both physically and emotionally. And it’s great that you were able to get off needing those three medications by alternative and natural means. At the very least, you don’t have to worry about side effects from those alternatives, so you can focus on being better as you go along. Anyway, I hope to see your future posts about those things you’ve always wanted to do. Cheers!

    Mark Wallace @ Chiropractic Memphis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement! :) I hope that you will continue to follow my progress!

      Delete
  4. I’m glad to know that your chiropractic treatments have given you relief and an added freedom to do what you want as well as what you must. It's all good to see you get to spend your time outdoors and move around a lot more now. I think you should keep that up to keep out your back pains. I wish you all the best in your health journey!

    Derek Sparks @ Forgey Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete