Saturday, April 26, 2014

Happy Weekend to Everyone...

Quote for the Day:
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - -
it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

~Bill Cosby

I feel like my life spun out of control when I went back to work last week!  I zigged when I should have zagged and re-injured my back, so I've been making frequent visits to my chiropractor again.  Just when I had "graduated" to only going once a month, I made it two weeks into that first month and BAM...I feel like I'm back to square one.  I know that technically I'm not, but it still feels that way.  **sad face here**

In between the chiropractor visits, I have been working, hand quilting on the "Sherbet" quilt, and making baby gifts for our grandson that is due to make his appearance the end of June!  I can't show you the baby gifts until after they have been delivered to and opened by Erin, but I can show you the progress on the "Sherbet" quilt!  

I am only able to reach about 1/2 way through the block before turning it to the next area, so these blocks were 1/2 way done when I took these pictures last week.  However, I have now finished the second half of the blocks and have cranked the quilt again since these pictures were taken!!!  I am moving right along on this quilt!!





I am using pastel pink thread for the hand-quilting, but as you can tell by the picture, you can barely tell there is any color to it.  One of these days, I will get brave and use a darker color, but that will definitely show up uneven stitches more.  The lighter thread "hides" the imperfections!

I have never entered a quilt into a quilt show before, but if I can get this one done by June I'd like to enter it into the quilt show in Bridgeport.  I am under no illusions that I would win any awards because my stitches are far from "perfect", but I would still like to enter it....just for the fun of it.

I have finally made my blocks for "Kevin the Quilter's" Quilt of Valor challenge...


Kevin... I will be mailing them out to you this week!!  :)  Thank you for doing this challenge!  Your quilts will be a blessing to so many veterans!!

Loretta

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your back, Loretta. I hope it feels better soon. Your sherbet quilt is beautiful. I especially like that first block, but of course the others are pretty, too. You never can tell about winning or not winning. I think your stitches are perfect and maybe the judges would, too. And if no one better than you enters, well, then....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better now! I have been playing catch up! SORRY! Thanks for the shout out Loretta! Your hand quilting is so beautiful! You are amazingly talented, and I could look at that all day!

    ReplyDelete