Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Quote for the Day:
“I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. 
 When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind 
is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.”
~author unknown


Today is the day we celebrate LOVE!  Hope you all have a GREAT day today with the people in your life that you love!  :)

Andy & I don't do a lot of exchanging of presents on any holiday, including Valentine's Day, but that doesn't mean we don't love each other very much!  Oh yes, we've had our share of gift fiascos over the 31 years we been together.   (Maybe sometime I'll tell you about the power drill he gave me for Valentine's Day when we'd been married 13 years!!)   But mainly we don't do gifts because we are at the point in our lives where we just don't "need" anything...and if we need or want something, we go out and buy it.  We aren't into spending money just to buy something as a gift because it is "expected" or "protocol for the holiday".  End of story.


Andy reads my blog, so I'm going to give this shout out to him here:


After 31 years, you are still the love of my life!  Thank you for picking me up in the "Jack of Diamonds" all those years ago.  :)   Happy Valentine's Day, Andy!  I love you very much!!

(Yes, we met in a bar!  But that's a story for another day, too!  LOL)

Loretta







2 comments:

  1. Aaawwww...it's hard to believe that you guys have been together for 31 years! That's a long time...heck, that's half of Dad's life! :-)

    Happy Valentine's Day to you and Dad!
    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day to y'all. That was sweet of Dad to get you flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete