Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Couponing Day...

Quote for the Day:
 "If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button."
~unknown


This is one of those "hurry up and wait" months.  I've got a lot of things in the "works", but nothing seems to be getting completed...and not necessarily anything *I* can do about it to hurry it along.  I feel like I'm in a permanent holding pattern.  And I'm NOT a patient person.  :(
 
I did my couponing today at Rite Aid and Walgreen's and it turned out GREAT!  Check out these deals... 
 
From Walgreen's...
 
 
I got $68.56 worth of product, paid $13.88 out-of-pocket, got $39.98 back in Register Rewards and rebates, making this a $26.10 moneymaker for me!  :):):)

From Rite Aid...
 
 
I got $35.34 worth of product, paid $6.19 out-of-pocket, got $13.09 back in +Up and Single Check Rebates, making this a $6.90 moneymaker for me! :):):)
 
That means that today alone, I got $103.90 worth of product and MADE $33.00 in the process!  Now THAT'S what I call shopping!  :)
 
 
I just finished reading "Laughing Without An Accent" by Firoozeh Dumas. 
 
 
I loved it!  Funny AND intelligent!  Now I want to read her memoir, Funny in Farsi!  
 
I was listening to "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer on my MP3 player.  
 
 
I listened to about 3/4's of it before I got bored with it.  It was interesting, but once I reached the part where I didn't feel there was going to be any new information (after all, we know from the start that Chris McCandless doesn't make it out of Alaska alive), I just decided not to finish it.  I have read several books by Jon Krakauer before and always read them till the end.  He does write about interesting subjects.  I'm not really sure why I got bored with this one.

Anyway...the opinions contained in this blog are mine and mine alone...so take what you want and leave the rest!  :)
 
 
Loretta
 


No comments:

Post a Comment