This past April, our little town of Grafton, WV, was pelted with lemons...I mean hail balls. Grafton was instantly inundated with insurance adjusters from every company imaginable! Next came the contractors...and finding someone to so body work on your car was impossible because of all the damage!
Our house damage consisted of holes in the house siding on the north side (the direction the hail came from), broken shutters, dented gutters and downspouts, and dings in the roofing shingles. As for our cars, both of Andy's cars look like someone took a ball-ping hammer to them...the Baja got totaled by the insurance company, but we didn't have full-coverage on his old Forester.
The insurance company covered a lot of the damage...roof, gutters, downspouts, etc...but would only pay to replace the siding and shutters on the north side of the house that got damaged. Unfortunately, both the siding and shutters were 16 years old and faded...and couldn't be "matched"...so we decided to throw in the extra money to have the entire house re-sided completely and all new shutters. We also decided to go ahead and have the last 4 original-to-the-house windows and the front cement steps replaced while we were at it.
Last week the contractors finished up their part. Now there are a couple of things we need to do to truly finish it off, but we can do those things over the next couple of weeks as the weather cools down a little and becomes a little more bearable!
The new siding color is slightly darker and less "yellow" than the previous color. The previous shutters were Wedgewood Blue and slatted...the new ones are black and solid.
The white area between the porch floor and the ground is where Andy & I are going to put up Airstone in the Autumn Mountain color. That is the same color of Airstone that we put in our kitchen...
Continuing to the north side of the house...this is the side that got the majority of the damage...about 40 holes in the siding and all 4 sets of shutters were damaged as well as the metal wrap around the windows. We also replace the stove pipe since it was grungy-looking!
This is the south and west sides of the house...the three windows across the upper back are 3 of the 4 new windows. (I don't have a picture of the 4th window, but it is a crank-out "awning" window in the bathroom.)
Because of the extensive damage throughout Grafton, almost all of the houses are getting new roofs and many, many, many of them are also getting new siding...thus why I have been referring to it as the "2016 Grafton Beautification Project"! LOL
I LOVE the way our house turned out! I will post more pictures when we get the Airstone done in the front!