Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Even MORE Quilt Updates...

Quote for the Day:
"I hope to live all my life for my art, 
without abandoning my principles one iota."
~Gustave Courbet

This quilt update is about my customer's Sailboat Quilt that I've been hand quilting.  


I am almost finished with the second of four rows of sailboats!  I would estimate that I'm about 40% done with the entire quilt at this point.  

Here's a close-up of one of the most recent blocks that I've worked on...


Since the quilt isn't that big, I loaded it into my frame "sideways"...that's why the boats are on their sides.  Maybe we should name the quilt "Titanic" since the boats are all on their sides???

Loretta

4 comments:

  1. I just love this quilt for some reason. It's so boyish I guess? Your hand quilting is certainly going to add to it's charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is beautiful, and I LOVE the sails! What a great idea and a perfect print. That's a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did that person make the quilt, or was it an antique? or did you make it :)

    ReplyDelete