Friday, June 7, 2013

New Grandbaby = New Quilt!!

Quote for the Day:
"A family stitched together with love seldom unravels."
~author unknown

I know that I had posted pictures of my latest baby quilt already, but I'm doing this blog post on the baby quilt I just made to link up with Michelle over at Michelle's Romantic Tangle.  (This way people won't have to wade through all the other baby shower post to find pictures of Alex's baby quilt!)  

Michelle is hosting a baby quilt linky party today, so I encourage you to go check out her blog and all the blogs that link up to her linky party!  


Our third grandchild is due to arrive in July...another boy!   That means another chance to make a baby quilt!!!
 Scrappy Carpenter's Star

The backing fabric is Mother Goose Nursery rhymes...

About 90% of the blocks for the baby quilt came from the leftovers from the making of this quilt...



The only fabric that was added to the leftovers to make the baby quilt were the center pinwheel block, the blue border, and the backing!  It's amazing what you can make from leftover scraps of fabric!  I certainly hope you aren't throwing those scraps away!   You've got more quilts in those leftovers!!  :)



Loretta

1 comment:

  1. Both quilts are beautiful, Loretta. Your new grandson will love the quilt you made for him. Wrapped in his grandmother's love!

    ReplyDelete