Wednesday, June 19, 2013

By Request...

Quote for the Day:
"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."
~Desmond Tutu

When we were with the kids in Georgia last month, we had a "family picture" taken....on the same porch where it was taken 2 years ago.  My niece, Kristin, said that I should post both pictures together so we can compare and contrast.

So...by special request...here ya' go...

Then...May 2011

Now...May 2013 

Look!  Paul is wearing the exact same shirt!  His wardrobe doesn't vary much!  LOL
 
Loretta 

5 comments:

  1. I think we should pick one of these pictures (I choose the one from this year) and copy the poses/placements every single year...wouldn't that be neat? Each year as the kids get bigger they get up and sit on the railing and more kids are added. LOL It's crazy how much the kids grown in just a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can guarantee you that Dad will be looking AWAY from the camera in 99% of them! :( I don't know why he doesn't like looking at the camera, but I'm the only one who ever notices at the time. Even a professional photographer doesn't notice, hence, him not looking at the camera in the kids' wedding pics. :(

      Delete
    2. But that's what makes Dad...Dad! LOL After 30+ years of marriage you should be used to it by now! It's just one of those things that we'll always remember him for! That's why it's so great we do get good pictures of him smiling, even if he isn't looking at the camera. LOL

      Sorry, I usually don't go back and check to see if you've responded to my comments. LOL

      Delete
  2. You look like you lost weight between those two pictures!
    I second Erin's idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have lost about 15 lbs. over the last year.

      Delete