Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's About "Time"...

Quote for the day:
Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.  
~John Archibald Wheeler


Today I was going through a "corner" of the upstairs landing/loft that I use as an office.  There has been a pile of stuff there that has accumulated over the summer...a picnic basket, some new sheer curtains for the living room, some fabric I've purchased, and a few other odds and ends.

I really should have taken a picture of the pile before I started cleaning and putting things away...but, alas, I didn't think this was going to turn into a blog post, so I didn't take a picture first. 

While going through the things I found this cute little Bulova alarm clock that I had picked up at a yardsale for $1.00 in the Spring.  It didn't have a battery in it at the time, but I bought it anyway, taking my chances that it would work. 



Today I found it in the pile of "things" and put a battery in it.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work...so I "released" it into the wild by putting it in the trash.   Too bad, too, because it was a cute little clock and had an alarm, to boot!

Oh well...it's probably something I should have passed by when I saw it, but sometimes I get drawn in by an item and it comes home with me.  I'm working on this character flaw, though.   Now I really try to evaluate things to see if they have a place in my home and in my life.  I try only to buy things that are 1) consumable, or 2) are functional/useful and needed.

The rest of the items that were hanging out in the corner of the office got put away where they belong, so now that corner is clean again!  Yay!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Please leave comment to let me know you were here and let me know what you "released" into the wild today! 

Loretta

1 comment: