Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bye-bye to Some Paper Clutter...

Quote for the day:
So, don't ask me no questions
And I won't tell you no lies
~Lynyrd Skynyrd (lyrics)

Don't have a lot of time before I have to head off to work... so I thought I'd clear my desk of some paper clutter today.
Two questionnaires have been sitting on my desk...one since May and one since August.
The first one is a health study that I have been in since it's inception...sometime in the late '80's.  (1989 according to Mr. Wiki!)   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurses%27_Health_Study
They send out a questionnaire every 2 years and you give updated information about your health and lifestyle.   I never took the time to fill out the questionnaire this year, so after my THIRD reminder coming in the mail the other day, I placed it on the desk with the other two envelopes from them.  :(   Yeah...not so good...  Thank goodness a few years ago they started letting you enter the info online...makes it easier!  So...today I knocked that off my "to do" list.
In August I got a new questionnaire from the University of Buffalo School of Nursing, The State University of New York.  (Their italics, not mine!)  It has questions about why nurses decide to work overtime and other questions about things you encounter during your shift, including nursing shortages.  Grant money at work...LOL.
Anyway...this one had to be filled out on paper, not online.  :(  
I originally received this in August and got a friendly reminder card in the mail last week.  
Since I was on a roll with the first questionnaire, I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and fill out the second one to get it off my desk, too!  
So, Folks...that's my decluttering for today...
Please leave a comment and let me know what you "released" into the wild today!  
Loretta 

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I went through the large stack of newspapers that I've collected while getting coupons. The area I had them in is now all cleaned up. :)

    ReplyDelete