Friday, February 1, 2013

Quilting Update...

Quote for the Day:
"Quilting is cheap therapy."
~author unknown

This coming Sunday is "Superbowl Sunday"...which means that there is a big football game on TV and people congregate at "Superbowl parties" to watch it with friends.

Our friends, Diana and Shaun, have invited us to their Superbowl Party.   Now...Diana is the owner of the Dresden Plate quilt that I've been hand quilting since August 12.  The top was made by her mother and Diana hired me to quilt it.  I gave myself a goal to have it finished in time to deliver it to her on Sunday.



As you can see, the quilt is finished and rolled onto the front rail, ready to be removed so the binding can be attached.

Here's the binding, all cut, joined, and rolled...ready to be attached to the quilt...



When I was trimming up the quilt in prep for attaching the binding, my "helper" decided to check out the quilt...



Ginger, I hate to tell you this, but it makes it awfully difficult to move the quilt around when you are sitting on the part that touches the floor!  LOL

Even with her "help", I got the binding attached to the front of the quilt and have started hand-sewing it to the back of the quilt.  I'm going to work on it tonight and tomorrow...hoping to finish it, so I can then wash it to get the markings out and then give it back to Diana on Sunday.

Here's a picture of the back of the quilt...



And a close-up of the stitching...



I hope there is something interesting on TV, because I'm going to go back to my sewing room now and work on that binding!  :)

Loretta

9 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful! I'm sure the floor was just cold on Ginger's little tushy! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hand quilting is amazing. Ginger cracks me up. Dresden Plate quilts are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana will be so happy to have this treasure! And your hand quilting is lovely on it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to flip to the page of "Quilting Terms for Dummies" with definitions on it.
    What makes it a Dresden Plate quilt? The pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...this pattern is called "Dresden Plate."

      https://www.google.com/search?q=dresden+plate+quilt+pattern&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=JlYNUaTYEIbr0QGtrYCADA&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1681&bih=917

      Delete
  5. Amazing quilt! I have become inspired this year to sort all of my fabric. This past year I had no time to work on a quilt. So this year, I will be piecing and when I get my room organized, I will have my quilt frame back up and hope to get a couple of my quilt tops quilted. One is from my Great Great Grandmother and one that I made for my oldest daughter and her husband. You inspire me everytime I read your blog:)Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Thanks for being a loyal reader! :)

      Delete
  6. BTW, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Hope you have fun with it? I did! http://kevinthequilter.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You stitches look so perfect! Maybe some day I'll come close....

    ReplyDelete