Sunday, November 11, 2012

Remembering The Ones Who Served...

Quote For the Day:
It is the Soldier, not the reporter, 
who has given us the freedom of the press
It is the Solder, not the poet, 
who has given us the freedom of speech
It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer, 
who has given us freedom to demonstrate
It is the Soldier-- who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, 
and whose coffin is draped by the flag, 
who allows the protestor to burn the flag.
~author unknown


Today, November 11,  is Veterans' Day here in the USA...the day when we honor those who have served our country.   


I'd like to thank not only those, in general, who have served in the military, or are currently serving, but send a special thank you to the members of my own family who have served/are serving:

  • My dad:  Army, WWII
  • Andy, my husband:  Navy, Vietnam War
  • Denny, my brother-in-law:  Navy, Vietnam War
  • Melinda, my sister:  Air Force,  1975-1980
  • Jeff, my nephew:  Army,
  • Michael, my brother-in-law:  Navy
  • Peter, my brother-in-law:  Navy 
  • Tina, my sister-in-law:  Navy,
  • Christopher, Andy's nephew:  Navy, currently serving
  • Daniel, my nephew:  Marine, currently serving in Afghansitan 
It is because of what you have done for our country that we are a free nation today!  I thank you, and salute you!  

Daniel...I'm praying for you and your family every day.  Stay safe and come home to us quickly!




Loretta


1 comment:

  1. Thank you i appreciate the comments and most of all your prayers!

    ReplyDelete