Thursday, July 28, 2016

Christmas Stars...

Quote for the Day:
“Christmas doesn't come from a store, 
maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more....” 
~ Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!


A little birdie told me last year that she'd like a Christmas quilt, so for the past month or so, I've been working on a Christmas quilt that I designed myself in EQ7.  I am happy to announce that the last of the three borders are now on the quilt and it is ready to be sandwiched and quilted.  It ended up 100" x 100"!  Whew!...it's gonna be FUN trying to quilt it on my little domestic sewing machine!   :(


So here's pics of the scrappy "Christmas Stars" quilt top...



Even the THREE borders are scrappy!!!


I need to either purchase a king-sized batting for it or piece one from the batting pieces I have on hand.  I also need to piece together a backing for it.  THEN I will get it sandwiched and start the quilting on it.

Loretta

8 comments:

  1. Holy crap, that's quite a challenge! I have trouble quilting a lap quilt on my machine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I do have a Juki TL2000Qi, which has a larger throat/harp area than the standard sewing machine...but it's not a long-arm so it is still going to be quite the struggle.

      Delete
  2. Loretta, this quilt is beautiful, absolutely beautiful! It may be a "Christmas quilt" but if I had it I doubt I'd ever put it away!
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A magnificent top! Kudos to you for getting it this far along so early in the year. Step by step, you'll get it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to have it done by Thanksgiving!

      Delete