Sunday, December 13, 2015

Getting Ready For Christmas...

Quote For the Day:
"Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree.
In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall." 
~ Larry Wilde

I really miss my kids at Christmas...mainly because as soon as they were old enough, I had them put up the tree and do the decorating!  Now that Andy & I are empty-nesters, the Christmas decorating is left up to me and therefore doesn't usually get done till the last weekend before Christmas.  In fact, if neither of the kids are coming home for Christmas (like last year) I don't even bother putting up a tree or decorating...other than throwing a wreath on the front door and calling it good!

But this year, Paul and Trinity and their boys are coming for Christmas, so the tree is up!


And lo and behold...Andy offered to put up outside lights!!!  It's been probably 13 years since we've had outside Christmas lights on the house!!! I have to say that it really looks lovely all lit up!



I even added a festive bow to the vintage concrete Boston Terrier statue that sits on our front porch!!!  :)


Loretta

2 comments:

  1. cute tree....here in maine there are lights everywhere..our mild weather has given many a window of opportunity to get them up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good size front porch! I love them. Sometimes we put lights up outside and sometimes not - this year the grandchildren and our daughter and son in law will be arriving the day after Xmas so we decorated more than normal - you are right though when it gets to be just the two of you it's not as fun or whatever to decorate

    ReplyDelete