Last evening, I was able to load my "Sherbet" quilt top into the hand-quilting frame. This quilt started out as a Craftsy Block of the Month, but quickly morphed into a sampler quilt of my own design, partly because I didn't like all of the blocks that they were doing on the Craftsy BOM and partly because I needed 25 blocks to make it the size I wanted and the Craftsy quilt only had 20. About 12 or so of the blocks are original to the Craftsy quilt, the rest are 12" blocks that I found online and put in the quilt.
Pre-quilting, the top is about 96" X 96". The backing is pieced from my stash...all florals!
I'm using YLI 100% glazed cotton hand-quilting thread in light pink! I'm almost thinking that I should have gotten the dark pink because this one isn't showing up in the printed fabric, but I'm hoping it will show up better in the neutral spaces. It took too long to get this spool in, so I don't want to have to wait to get in a spool of darker thread. I wanted to get quilting as soon as possible, so I went ahead and started putting in the first stitches last night!
I love YLI hand quilting thread because it doesn't knot or twist making hand-quilting so much more enjoyable!!
Usually, I mark the whole quilt before putting it into the frame, but I decided to try something different with this one. I only marked the design in the outer borders and then will use blue painters tape to add in straight lines leading from the swag design out to the edge of the quilt. Then I'm going to mark the sashings and cornerstones as I go. We'll see how this works out...