Wednesday, February 26, 2014

AND...We Have a DATE!!!

Quote for the Day:
"I'm older, I'm matured... I'm looking forward to the years to come. Good years."
~Whitney Houston


This week I found out that we DO have an orthopedic surgeon that does Cubital Tunnel Release surgery at our hospital!  I called his office yesterday and, lo and behold, they were able to get me in for a consultation visit this morning!

Surgery is set for March 21!!!  

I'm so glad we are getting this show on the road because I am losing function and strength in my right hand daily!!!

This week I noticed that I now struggle to put a glove on my right hand because my last two fingers don't do what my brain tells them to do.  I also have lost so much strength since even just last week, that I can no longer use a nail-clipper with my right hand, open jars, etc,....things I could still do just last week.  I feel like I can't grasp a knife tight enough to be able to use it effectively, it keeps feeling like it's going to slip out of my hand.

Today the doctor showed me, by comparing my two hands side-by-side, how much muscle atrophy I've had in my right hand because of this nerve entrapment.  

I am frantically trying to finish up the customer quilt that I have in the frame right now, but I'm finding it awkward to hold and pull the needle through the fabric.  I'm so close to being done with this quilt and I want it done and to the customer before the surgery.

I'm also having a LOT of trouble typing, so please excuse me if I'm not able to do many more posts till after the surgery.  My arm goes so terribly numb and begins to throb from the pain when I try to use the computer for too long.  I have to keep dropping my right arm to my side to let the pain release from it.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for this to be over with and get back on track with my life!  

Loretta

1 comment: