Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Vacation Update...


Quote for the Day:

"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."
~ Sam Keen


We are busy vacationing!  It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!  :)

We've been enjoying visiting with our kids and grandkids...






 What says "childhood" better than sliding down a slide...



...or twisting up a swing as tight as it will go...



...to feel the wind in your face when it twirls you around!!!



Of course, there has to be summer watermelon...



That's right...yellow watermelon!  We'd never had it before, but this is a very agricultural area and they grow it here and sell it out of the back of trucks on the main street of the small downtown!  :) 
   

Yellow watermelon has the consistency of red watermelon, but a much milder, though very sweet taste.  I'm not entirely sold on it because of the milder flavor.  I think I prefer red, seedless watermelon over this, but it's still good and will get eaten!  :)

And, last, but not least...let's not forget the other ubiquitous summer thing...BUG BITES!!!



This is a fire ant bite that I got 3 days ago, on Saturday, while out helping Andy, Erin, and Paul do lawn work. 


I've never had a fire ant bite before, so I'm not sure how long the blister will last or how I'm supposed to treat it.  It hurt when I was first bit, but it doesn't hurt now.

For the rest of the trip, I'm going to try NOT to have anymore illnesses or injuries!  :(

Loretta

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gersh those kids are growing up so fast! I've always seen Paul in Andrew, but that first picture really shows that he takes after Trinity too!

    ReplyDelete