Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ugh...Housecleaning...

Quote for the Day:
"There was no need to do any housework at all.  After the first four years 
the dirt doesn't get any worse."
  ~Quentin Crisp, The Naked Civil Servant, 1968




I have family coming for a visit in a couple of days and I have begun frantically cleaning my house in preparation.

We've all heard the saying, "If you love something, let it go."   Well, that's what I've done with my house!  I love my house and I've let it go.  

Every time I let the house get this messy, I say to myself, "Never again.  I'm going to keep it clean this time." 

But I never do. 

I think it's a combination of
  • being tired after working my job
  • having more "fun" things to do, like quilting... basically "anything" is more fun that cleaning
  • not being disciplined enough (I used up ALL of my self-discipline getting myself through nursing school!!!) 
  • procrastination
  • and just hating cleaning, in general. 
Is is just me?  Please tell me "no"...that I'm not the only one with a messy, dirty house.  Please???

Just to be reasonable, though, part of the mess is from the kitchen renovation.  But not all of it.  I wish I could say that is the only contributing factor, but it's not.   

If I could have just ONE wish granted, it would be for a house cleaning service/person to come clean my house for me every couple of weeks.  I had one when the kids were young and I was working full-time.  I LOVED it!  But now I just can't justify the expense.  Or maybe I'm too "cheap" to justify the expense these days. 

But if I ever win the lottery and become rich, you betcha that's the first thing I'll be spending my money on!  :)

Oh...wait.. you have to PLAY the lottery before you can WIN the lottery?  Guess that option's out then.  LOL


On the quilting front, I have completed a small project but I can't tell you about it, yet, because it is a gift and I have to wait until the giftee has received it.  :)  So be watching for pictures of that project coming up soon!  :)


Now...back to the housecleaning...UGH...

Loretta




  

No comments:

Post a Comment