Saturday, September 10, 2011

Update...

Quote for the Day:
"I guess a drag queen's like an oil painting: 
You gotta stand back from it to get the full effect."
---Harvey Fierstein 

This week I've been working on getting my next quilt top ready to go into the quilting frame.

This is the backing being loaded into the frame...

The backing for this quilt is plain, unbleached muslin.  Sometimes I like to keep it simple.

After much rolling, the backing is on the frame and looks like this...



...ready for the batting and top to be added.

Next comes the batting.  Here's the batting attached to the backing.  Once I get the top ready to attach, both the backing and top will roll up at the same time.  Until then, the batting just hangs between the second and third rollers.

I've been busy marking the quilting design on the top for this quilt...




The top has some challenging design issues, so it's really required some thought to decide how to best quilt this.  I hope what I've chosen works out!  :)  I'm almost done marking and hope to get the top loaded onto the quilt frame tomorrow.

I have decided to use varigated thread instead of a plain off-white thread.  Unfortunately, no stores around here carry a varigated hand-quilting thread, so I had to order it online.  I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival!  :)


My granddaughter's 5th birthday is coming up next weekend and I've had her quilt finished for some time now.


I've even had it packaged in this gift bag, ready to give to her...


It's been sitting in my office area waiting for next weekend.

Then...after looking at the bag this past week, suddenly it struck me how much the princess in pink actually looks like a drag queen!  No, really!!!


Okay...don't tell me you don't see it, too!  I mentioned it to Andy and he immediately saw it!  He said, "all that's missing is a big Adam's apple!"  LOL


Loretta

1 comment: