Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shall We Continue With The Bathroom???

Quote of the day: 
"A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book." - Irish Proverb

Well...peeps...here we are...day 3!  

Thanks to those who have left comments...I truly appreciate them!  I'm so glad to see that there are some people who are coming along on this journey, too...albeit, it's their own path they are taking!  That sounds like a bit of an oxymoron, doesn't it!  LOL  We're taking the same journey but taking different paths...hmmmm...

Since I started out in the bathroom, I thought I'd continue in there with this area:

We don't have a linen closet in the bathroom, so I have a china cabinet, c. 1930, in there that we keep things in.  The top section has three shelves behind glass doors and that is where we keep towels, washcloths, TP, mouthwash and a jar with cotton balls.  The bottom has two shelves with solid wood doors.  We keep other things like body wash, soap, etc. under there.  Between the two section is the drawer shown in the above picture... this is where we keep small supplies.  

When we were in Georgia this past spring we went to a yardsale and I picked up this item:

I didn't exactly know where I was going to use it, but a Lenox China wooden drawer organizer for 50 cents...I'm all over that one without question!  LOL

This evening I spent about 10 min. on cleaning out the drawer.  I took everything out and found a shallow box that would fit in the drawer along with this organizer to help keep things from rolling around when you open the drawer.  (I learned this trick a LONG time ago!  If you use boxes or organizers in drawers it makes finding things easier because it keeps them from getting all jumbled up in the drawer.) 

This is what I culled from the drawer:
The tube of Retin-A expired in 1999!!!  I think it was time to toss it, don't you?  LOL  There was another tube of that facial mask that I didn't like that I threw away on Tues., and about 8 or so contact lens cases.  Just how many lens cases does one woman need anyway?  (I kept two.)   The headbands are Erin's so I will put them aside for the next time we see her.  Everything else got tossed!  Pitched!  Outta here!  :)

This is what the drawer looks like now:

It still looks pretty cluttered in the picture, but believe me, it actually looks really good IRL...with room to spare!  :)

I'm please with the result and that it only took 10-15 min.  (It took longer to write this blog entry than it did to actually do the work!  LOL)

Please leave a comment and let me know what you "released" into the wild today!  

Loretta



3 comments:

  1. And if you don't have a box to take up the extra space in the drawer, or don't find an organizer at a garage sale for 50 cents, you can use cereal boxes. Cut the bottoms for the right height, and you can even staple/glue/tape the boxes together.

    Yesterday I got rid of a tomato. Into my tummy. In the form of a BLT. Delicious!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also cut the "lid" off of wax paper and aluminum foil boxes and used them as organizers! I think I have several of those in the kitchen drawers right now "corralling" the utensils! :)

    Whatever works, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The drawer looks much better!

    My decluttering for this day also involves a drawer. I have about 3-4 miss-matched sets of measuring spoons that I've replaced due to various problems with the set such as misplacing a spoon or the numbers rubbing off or what have you. Anyways I recently was given another new set. So now I have to root through all those sets to get to what one I want. Anyways I decided enough is enough, it's cluttering up the drawer. I now only have the one set. :)

    ReplyDelete